• Apply over BUR, Modified Bitumen, Single Ply, Spray Foam and Metal.
• Reduced energy costs by as much as 30%.
• Reduced maintenance costs.
• Improved occupant comfort with the high reflectivity of the roof.
• Increased life cycle of the roof.
• Reduced “Heat Island” effect.
• Protects against UV degradation.
• Eliminate Tear-off of existing roof reducing waste added to landfills
• Many systems have FM 4470 Class 1 approval, UL Class A ratings and ICC-ES evaluation.
Fluid Applied Reinforced Roofing Systems – Are lightweight and tough, with flexible membranes that are primarily applied directly over existing roof systems. Some are formed with layers of highly waterproof asphalt emulsion and tough polyester fabric then surfaced with an extremely durable acrylic coating. The quality of these systems can be augmented with our bound chopped fiberglass system giving even more Strength and thickness to the membane/roof (See below for more details).
Other systems are fully comprised of high performance acrylic coatings with tough polyester fabrics. All these components are fluid applied in the field to form a seamless membrane.
All of these systems consist of membranes that are installed “in place” using highly durable, water based, waterproofing compounds reinforced with tough polyester fabrics and surfaced with energy saving reflective coatings. Once installed the seamless monolithic system is tough, flexible and resistant to the extremes of nature. Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.), FM Global and independent testing labs are use to continually test our Systems and Products to be sure they meet the stringent requirements of today’s building industry.
The Agilast Emulsion Bound Chopped Fiberglass Roofing System
For roofers and building owners that demand , Chopped fiber glass offers a twenty year wanaty and unmatched quality and performance. Agilast system uses two key components:
1. Bentonite clay based asphalt emulsion. This product uniquely features the ability to build low weight thickness at a low cost per square foot. This product is cold applied and is water based, so there are no fumes during or after the application. A final, reflective, waterproof coating is applied to complete the installation.
2. Chopped fiberglass is mixed with the emulsion by using the Agilast application wand. As the emulsion is sprayed through two high flow fan jets, fiberglass roving is chopped in the chopper motor in the wand and distributed evenly in a pattern that reinforces the emulsion. This provides a monolithic, reinforced, seamless waterproof layer.
The final installed roof is essentially a built up roof without the weight, production cost and smell of traditional built up roof solutions.
An Agilast trained, three-man crew can install over 150 roofing squares per day of emulsion bound chopped fiberglass.
Typical installation on a gravel surfaced built-up roof calls for poly fabric to be installed in a flood layer of emulsion asphalt. Conventional polyester can be used.
Final surface options include bright reflective aluminized emulsion which can be applied using your Agilast rig. White elsatomeric coatings can also be applied, using a standard spray gun and pump.
Many of our FARR systems have received UL Class A ratings. “Class A” roof assemblies have the greatest fire resistance. Additionally, many of our systems have also received FM 4470 Class 1 approval. To achieve this designation, the system is subjected to strenuous testing for fire, hail damage, water leakage, and resistance to foot traffic.